The central bank hiked its key overnight interbank rate target to 8.25%, its highest level since late 2005, after inflation climbed for the sixth month in a row to 5.39% in the year to July.
But the central bank said that Mexican growth would soon stutter, precipitating a fall in inflation if expectations remained well anchored. Recent data pointed
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency