King and three others wanted a quarter point rise because inflation risks are on the "upside", but five members overruled him, in part because they wanted to avoid disrupting financial markets.
This was only the second time that King - or
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says