On the basis of the German government's latest tax estimates, published last Thursday, "the risk has increased" that the German public deficit will exceed 3.0 percent of gross domestic product, thereby breaching the Stability and Growth Pact, Remsperger told the business daily Handelsblatt.
But the German deficit was alre
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Turkish central bank raises overnight rates in bid to stop lira’s fall
- Podcast: David Hendry and John Muellbauer on empirical macro
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard