In an interview in Il Sole 24 Ore Sunday, Bini Smaghi said the ECB's recent acceleration in rate hikes was due to the higher than expected increase in economic growth in first half of the year.
"Also after the increase decided last Thursday, you can't deny that the current level -- 3 pct -- represents a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations