Mr Pleines's appointment fills the vacancy being created by the retirement of Robert D Sleeper, who has headed the BIS Banking Department since 1999.
In his new role, Mr Pleines will head one of the Bank's three main departments. As a member of the Bank's Executi
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations