King told an audience at the London School of Economics on last Thursday: "I'm deeply pessimistic, it's already gone far enough to put the genie back in the bottle....It's going to get a lot worse."
Though interbank lending costs were falling, there was no lending going on. "Banks are flush with liquidity but don't want to lend. The banking sys
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says