European Central Bank governing council member Klaus Liebscher told the FAZ newspaper on Wednesday 18 October that market expectations of a December interest rate increase are accurate, but said the ECB has no pre-determined view on rates for 2007.
"The president of the ECB, Jean-Claude Trichet, has expressed himself very clearly on this point: There is no reason to change the market expectations," Liebscher told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper when asked about expectations the EC
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
Back to Top