"We are not of the opinion that interest rates can stay at the current low level for very long as long as the economic recovery continues," he told the weekly HandelsZeitung in an interview.
The central bank would not lower its growth forecasts again this year after doing so in March, Blattner said, desp
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations