The report said Xu Yongzhi, director of the central bank's branch at Huichun city in Jilin province was found to have spent over 10,000 yuan gambling.
The report did not say whether the official used his own money or government funds.
Beijing is currently launching a nationwide crackdown on gambling focused on government officials
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power