The central bank said that consumer complaints against banks and financial groups in Brazil increased 8.53% in April to 2,886, as compared to March.
The central bank launched the online initiative this year in a bid to pressure banks to provide
- EU stress tests should follow US example – EBA chairman
- Podcast series: central banking in the post-crisis world
- Research project weighs bold plans for cross-border payments
- Central banks should challenge risky fintech projects – Carstens
- Sri Lankan central bank tackles ‘large and persistent’ liquidity deficit