Lomax has served one five-year term and could have remained at the Bank until 2013 but was thought to be keen to pursue other interests.
"Rachel Lomax has told the Bank that she is not seeking to be appointed for a second term as the deputy governor responsible for monetary policy," the Bank said, adding that the appointment of a new deputy governor "is a matter for the Government."
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde