On 16 January 2001 the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision issued a proposal for a New Capital Accord. This proposal is an update of the version issued in June 1999, with a final version expected by the end of this year. Implementation will occur in 2004.
The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision first issued capital guidelines applicable to banking organizations in its Capital Ac
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations