Jarai noted that the increase in the inflation rate this year was due entirely to tax hikes at the beginning of the year, therefore MNB cannot be held responsible for it. However, core inflation and economic developments make it possible for inflation to drop to 4-5% next year, he added.
The MNB governor e
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations