The dollar trod water, awaiting the outcome of U.S. congressional elections and the Federal Reserve's meeting later Tuesday. The Fed is widely expected to cut its key interest rate by at least a quarter of a percentage point, Reuters reported.
European stocks were set to retrace some of Monday's rally.
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says