The error seems to have occurred because the Kazakh word for bank is the Cyrillic form of "bank". On the new note, the word was written with an alternate Kazakh form of the letter K, which has a slightly different pronunciation, reports said.
The move to put the misprinted notes into circulation has drawn criticism from the Central Asian state's politicians who called on the b
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says