"All in all, my feeling is that there's no need to be pessimistic and we shouldn't be too pessimistic, otherwise we influence confidence in the wrong direction," Welteke said in a live interview on CNN.
He pointed to consumer confidence that appears to remain high in Germany
- Supervisory lessons: resolution is a ‘dirty business’
- Key Brexit vote complicates outlook for UK economy
- European auditors ask lawmakers for increased access to ECB documents
- Switzerland grants fintech firms access to interbank payment system
- BIS’s Borio calls on economists to take money more seriously