"All in all, my feeling is that there's no need to be pessimistic and we shouldn't be too pessimistic, otherwise we influence confidence in the wrong direction," Welteke said in a live interview on CNN.
He pointed to consumer confidence that appears to remain high in Germany
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production