CentralBankNet notes that Udovicki's appointment pushes the number of the world's lady central bank governors a little more comfortably into double figures, now numbering a still rather paltry eleven. She joins Bodil Nyboe Andersen as Europe's only other central bank governor of the fair sex.
Other notable senior female central bankers in the region who have recently been appointed are Rachel Lomax, deputy governor at the Bank of England, and Gertrude Tumpel-Gugerell, board member at the EC
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top