With a total redesign, the notes are expected to foil counterfeiters as well as generate about 1 trillion yen (about $9 billion) through their release due, for example, to the replacement of such things as automatic vending machines, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported Thursday.
Already 90 percent of them have been printed and transported to central bank branches nationwide, the Yomiuri Shimbun s
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms