Wellink based the estimate on a survey of 900 retailers.
He added, however, that he expected the inflationary effects to be short term and that next year the euro could cause prices to fall by around 0.2 to 0.4 percentage point.
Wellink was speaking at a
- Irish deputy governor warns hard Brexit is ‘entirely plausible’
- New Russian banknote provokes anger in Ukraine
- Low-paid jobs may explain flat Phillips curve – research
- G7 governors and ministers set out principles for assessing cyber security
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase