Havel also made board member Ludek Niedermayer the new central bank vice-governor. Michaela Erbenova and Jan Frait were appointed as new board members. Tuma will serve until the end of 2005 and Niedermayer until 2002. Freit and Erbenova have been appointed for the coming six years.
Tuma is expected to take office 1 December, but
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations