European Central Bank Chief Economist Otmar Issing said on Wednesday concerns about deflation are excessive, even in Germany.
While Germany could see a period of declining prices, that would not translate into deflation. "From those events we are miles away," Issing said at a university symposium.
Asked if there is a hysteria over def
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure