Source: Financial Times
Another stage today in the long-running succession saga at the European Central Bank. Jean-Claude Trichet, Bank of France governor, is expected to get the nod to succeed Wim Duisenberg - but not without first causing more trouble back in Paris.
Observer hears Trichet is lobbying
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says