"I'm not sure that an agreement will be reached next Sunday", said Mr Almunia, referring to an emergency meeting of EU finance ministers on 20 March called in a bid to clinch an 11th hour deal. "There are still many sticking points".
Mr Almunia's comments follow the downbeat assessment of Luxembou
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research