Romania cut its interest rate by 0.75% to 17% on Thursday 16, in line with expectations following the downward trend in inflation.
Hungary also cut its rate by 0.5% to 9.5% on Monday 20. Inflation has been falling in Hungary and the bank has been under pressure to cut rates which remain the highest in the EU.
Colombia reduced its interest rate by 0.25%
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor