Romania cut its interest rate by 0.75% to 17% on Thursday 16, in line with expectations following the downward trend in inflation.
Hungary also cut its rate by 0.5% to 9.5% on Monday 20. Inflation has been falling in Hungary and the bank has been under pressure to cut rates which remain the highest in the EU.
Colombia reduced its interest rate by 0.25%
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production