The Bank of England published on Friday details of its forthcoming term auctions.
The notice lists:
the timing and structure of the auctions;
the collateral eligible and the arrangements for repo transactions; and
the treatment of loans secured against mortgages.
The Bank said on Wednesday that it would carry out additional three-month open market operations "to alleviate the strains in longer-maturity money markets." The three-month Libor (London inter-bank offered rate), which represents th
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure
- De La Rue beats European competition to Swedish banknote contract
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds