The Bank of England published on Friday details of its forthcoming term auctions.
The notice lists:
the timing and structure of the auctions;
the collateral eligible and the arrangements for repo transactions; and
the treatment of loans secured against mortgages.
The Bank said on Wednesday that it would carry out additional three-month open market operations "to alleviate the strains in longer-maturity money markets." The three-month Libor (London inter-bank offered rate), which represents th
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says