The figure for December is the worst since records began in the early 1950s.
Since last summer, when the recession began to bite in earnest, Japanese unemployment has climbed ever higher.
It is a novel and humbling experience for what was long the world's most successful industrial economy.
Slack demand is forcing the closure of thousands of small and medium size businesses every month.
Bigger corporations are cutting jobs in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power