This is the view of two-thirds of respondents to a survey, carried out by Central Banking Publications in autumn 2008.
In the crisis, central banks joined the flight to quality, cutting deposit holdings, tightening credit limits for assets and reducing exposure to counterparties.
Eighty-five per cent said the turmoil had affected their reserve management policies and 92% said they had reassessed counterpa
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms