Annual CPI hit 6.23% last month, its highest level in more than seven years as costs increased for electricity and foodstuffs. The rate has ticked up steadily from 3.7% at the start of the year and now stands at more than twice the central bank's target of 3%.
With the Mexican economy suffering with the rest of the
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency