The announcement follows the recent appointment of the bank's former domestic markets head, Malcolm Edey, to the position of assistant governor, economics.
Lowe, formerly head of the central bank's system stability department and currently on assignment at the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, will take the new position on his return to Australia in July, th
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations