"From an economic point of view, EMU membership would be beneficial" for the three EU member states that are not members of monetary union, Welteke said in the text of a speech to a conference here on the eastern enlargement of the EU and eurozone.
"The political question of further integratio
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says