The official also said in the China Daily newspaper that he expected trade deficits in the medium to long term would result in pressure on the currency, also known as the renminbi, to devaluate.
"Seen from the perspective of trade balance, it is advisable to maintain the renminbi exchan
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says