Source: Financial Times
The Bank of England's chief economist has cast doubt on the idea of raising interest rates to curb the rise in house prices and consumers' appetite for borrowing.
In a speech in Switze
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors