At a speech before the Japan America Society of Chicago, Mizuno said "the outlook for monetary policy is completely open at the moment," while he can envision a "scenario in which upward pressure on short term interest rates," would encourage a early rate hike. "It could happen any time."
He said recent economic statistics "show n
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says