The BoJ's nine policy board members will meet Jan 17-18.
At the previous December policy board meeting, the BOJ, citing some weakness in consumption and consumer prices, decided not to go for a rate increase.
The central bank's basic stance is that as
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says