The BoJ's nine policy board members will meet Jan 17-18.
At the previous December policy board meeting, the BOJ, citing some weakness in consumption and consumer prices, decided not to go for a rate increase.
The central bank's basic stance is that as
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor