The BoJ's nine policy board members will meet Jan 17-18.
At the previous December policy board meeting, the BOJ, citing some weakness in consumption and consumer prices, decided not to go for a rate increase.
The central bank's basic stance is that as
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production