The article alleged that Fazio had requested an investigation into the two central bank officials who advised against allowing the Banco Popolare Italiana's bid for Banca Antonveneta. Their opinion later ended up in the hands of prosecutors, who were investigating BPI'
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements