Source: Belga News
The EU's Greek presidency is proposing that European Central Bank president Wim Duisenberg stay an extra six months in office, the Belgian news agency Belga reported today, quoting informed sources.
It said Greece would suggest the extension when EU finance ministers hold an informal meeting in Ath
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank