The central bank said it would leave its reserve targets at yen10,000bn to yen15,000bn and keep monthly buying of Japanese government bonds at yen1,000bn.
The nine-member board decided unanimously to maintain its ultra-loose monetary policy, which has driven interest rates to near zero and provided massive liquidity to banks in the past year to buoy the
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors