The central bank said it would leave its reserve targets at yen10,000bn to yen15,000bn and keep monthly buying of Japanese government bonds at yen1,000bn.
The nine-member board decided unanimously to maintain its ultra-loose monetary policy, which has driven interest rates to near zero and provided massive liquidity to banks in the past year to buoy the
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says