The decision was expected after President Vaira Vike-Freiberga nominated Repse on Tuesday. Repse's center-right New Era party won the most legislative seats in last month's parliamentary election, Associated Press reported.
The 100-seat Saeima approved Repse and his cabinet, 55 votes to 43 with one absten
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says