The decision was expected after President Vaira Vike-Freiberga nominated Repse on Tuesday. Repse's center-right New Era party won the most legislative seats in last month's parliamentary election, Associated Press reported.
The 100-seat Saeima approved Repse and his cabinet, 55 votes to 43 with one absten
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors