The news sent overnight money market rates rocketing to a year-high of 320% as bankers rushed for cash. The average of overnight money market and repo rates were around 160% this week.
The central bank said in a statement it would no longer hold extraordinary afternoon repo auctions, as it has done
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Asian central banks crack down on cryptocurrency