From prepared remarks to the Risk Management Association here, William Poole said Thursday 20 September he does not believe any economist can predict with great confidence the short-run outlook for the economy. Nor does he know how long any effects from the events of 11 Sept will last.
"I want to share with you my conviction that our long
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations