Bies said more and more office space was becoming available because of job losses Reuters reported. Rents have declined by 30 to 60 percent in some metropolitan areas, she said.
Growing commercial real estate vacancies have prompted concerns at the Fed about cash flow for property owners.
Bies, speaking at an accountants' confer
- Next financial crisis “will be brewing” in shadow banking – Bullard
- James Bullard on 2% rates, tariffs and Fed leadership
- Policies must change to stop emerging markets crisis, analysts say
- Brian Wynter on Jamaica’s inflation-targeting transition
- Argentinian central bank raises large banks’ reserve requirements