Bies said more and more office space was becoming available because of job losses Reuters reported. Rents have declined by 30 to 60 percent in some metropolitan areas, she said.
Growing commercial real estate vacancies have prompted concerns at the Fed about cash flow for property owners.
Bies, speaking at an accountants' confer
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says