"We need to move very strongly now," Mboweni said in an interview following a speech at the Gordon Institute of Business in Johannesburg on Wednesday evening. "Two hundred basis points is possible."
The governor added that "drastic situations require drastic measures" and emphasised that the task of the central bank is to keep
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors