Political turbulence has undermined the economy of the archipelago since the island of Anjouan declared its secession from the Federal Islamic Republic of Comoros in 1997.
The central bank said economic growth had been supported by an increase in production of the country's main cash crops.
Revenues from vanilla, the Comoros' main cash crop, rose 73% to 1,835 billion Co
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré