'We think that the present rates are appropriate, fully in line with what would be the best for being faithful to our mandate and fostering growth and job creation in Europe,' Trichet told the ECB's monthly news conference.
He did not rule out the possibility of a cut in interest rates, as he did a month ago. But signalled that the E
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations