The changeover to the electronic system, known as Sisbex, will take place within 60 days.
Figueiredo said the new system would make central bank operations more transparent for the market.
Currently, currency interventions are handled with the central bank's 25 primary dealers over the phone.
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations