The cabinet is also expected to extend the appointment of the acting governor, Meir Sokoler, until 30 April.
Fischer was to start earlier but has to complete divesture of interests in the Citicorp financial group where he is a director. He will move from the United States and take out Israeli citizenship before filling the post, reports
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations