Speaking at an extraordinary general meeting on Tuesday, Richards said: "To say there is a moral case for nationalisation is perverse when the crisis came out of the mishandling of the credit markets by the Bank of England."
He added tha
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says