Pedro Solbes, the Spanish finance minister, indicated that he would side with Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank (ECB), over his recent exchange with Nicolas Sarkozy, the French president.
Sarkozy has repeatedly criticised Trichet for refusing to reduce interest rates, which the French president says is hampering his country's economic growth. But Trichet said earlier this week that the state of France's economy is a result of poor public finances rather than ECB
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development