"I think the financial system continues to be severe. The problem of non-performing loans is a big issue for the financial system," Hayami said in parliamentary testimony.
Hayami said the BOJ will do its best to ensure the effects of the central bank's recent easing efforts permeate through the market. He also said
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says