Liebscher said countries whose budget deficits had exceeded the 3 percent ceiling set down in the pact must restore fiscal discipline to maintain confidence in the euro zone.
Germany insisted on the terms of the Stability and Growth Pact before agreeing to dump the Deutschmark in favour of the euro. German officials said they were concerned
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor